I didn't need a vacation, I needed a social media hiatus.
The moment I knew this was the case? When I remembered what someone I don't know in real life posted about on Instagram, but couldn't remember what my husband was doing tomorrow.
I had this plan, you see. I was going to blog twice a week and post on Instagram every day and take better photos that complimented my brand. I was going to story more of my every day, share and show my work, answer the influx of DMs about how I do my hair and also finish writing my book.
I totally did this, for like, a month.
And it worked, I have to admit. My following grew, my engagement was off the charts. I was being asked to be an influencer for brands and speak at different meetings and classes and I was also being HIRED. Which is the goal. The ultimate goal. To make money, to make a living off of sharing what I love.
Here's what happened:
I got so busy doing what I loved that I missed also doing what I love.
It goes both ways - I got so busy sharing that I missed working, and I got so busy working that I missed sharing.
There has got to be a better way.
It was like I had my healthy smoothie ingredients all cleaned and put into the blender, and then I turned it on and it exploded all over the counter and on the ceiling and stained my white shirt. Turns out, healthy smoothies kind of taste gross anyway.
There is one thing I am ultra proud of though - I didn't compromise. I was intentional about my priorities, and yes, some suffered, but nothing was given up. Not family time, not my fitness, not my food choices, and not my sleep.
So what now? Well, I got what I was going for - work I wanted. And now it's time to do that work.
There's a time and a place for putting your head down, working hard, and coming up for air when you need to. I'm in that time, and happy to be there.
So for the meantime, that meant less sharing, more working. But I know that that won't last. Because there's also a time and a place for screaming from rooftops and sharing all those baby smiles and shoes and recipes and run away dogs.
Ok, but since there haven't been any stories for like, two weeks, here's what has been going down in the Andreini household and Studio 22 walls:
- I learned how to make soft, flaky, buttery crackers, paleo style, And Joey is obsessed. As am I.
- So many of my friends are pregnant and have newborns and I'm so blessed to be able to be present for them as much as I can be.
- Adam has been literally fishing his tail off. Trip after trip while also working his full time gig. So he's been gone a lot, but when he's home, it's so so wonderful.
- Joey has learned this deep scream cry thing that is absolutely horrendous.
- I've been working (a little) on the upcoming Mompreneur ecourse that is set to launch next month. So stay tuned.
- I've had the same piles of laundry on my bed/couch/floor/dresser/anywhere there's a clean surface for over a week. I just keep moving them around instead of putting them away.
- I'm drinking rose at 3:30 pm on a Monday.
- I have binge watched Parenthood for the last two days while Joey was at my mom's. I literally didn't even get out of my pajamas yesterday and I worked during the parts I remembered from the first time I binge watched it years ago.
- I went shopping with my momma friends at the used baby clothing store in Chico today with the babies after we worked out and it was the highlight of my week. If you had asked me if I would be doing that 3 years ago, I would have laughed at you. And now it's freaking awesome.